home   about   work   contact
WARDROBE 101: The Skinny Jean
Monday, April 14, 2014



I'm excited to introduce a new category to The Nouveau Nouveau, 'Wardrobe 101'
'Wardrobe 101' posts will feature key pieces of clothing (the perfect blazer, trouser, blouse, etc) that everyone should have in their closet to build the base for a successful wardrobe. 

The first item I have decided to showcase is the perfect skinny jean. Finding the right pair of jeans is often challenging (selecting the right rise, length and material to suite your body), but worth the work as it is such a versatile piece to have once you get it right. 


Some important points to keep in mind when shopping for the perfect pair: 

-What rise suites my waist line and hips the best? 
-What length suites my legs/height the best?
-Are they super tight? 
(Jeans will generally stretch 1/4 - 1/2 or even 1 full size after only a few wears) 
-Is this a wash that flatters my figure and can easily work with my wardrobe? 


After a a few years (literally) of trying different brands and fits, I tried Acne's Skin 5 and Pin  which work best with my body type and the quality to be well worth the price. Having discovered a pair that work so well, I opted to purchase the Skin 5 in three colors and the Pin in a fourth color, creating a selection of jeans that compliment my wardrobe perfectly. 

T SHIRT  Supreme  
JEANS  Acne 'Pin' in Light Selv
 JEANS  Acne 'Skin 5' in Used Blue, Pistol Black and Optic White 

STILL STYLING Gina Marie Barbaro PHOTOS Lydia Hudgens 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home










Older Posts >>
<< Newer Posts